Wednesday 5 June 2013

Being creative with Shrink Plastic

I used it once as a child and LOVED it!


It is a sheet of plastic paper.

On it you draw your favorite comic character, drawing or picture.

You colour it with permanent ink pen.

Then you can cut it in any shape: the shape of the comic figure you love, in the shape of a hart or a star.... your imagination is the limit!

Want a hole in it? Then you use a hole puncher.

At last, you place your creation in the preheated oven and.....  magic!

It shrinks and becomes the 5 times smaller version of what you put in the oven!

It also becomes 5 times thicker.

The result in a very strong ornament you then can use for jewelry, decoration, key hanger, anything!

I decided to make buttons, following the instructions of a fellow blogger: 


I used her drawings and also a few found off the internet.

I also used some of my favorite comic characters like Idefix, Simon's cat, Winnie the Pooh, Piglet and many more as templates.

I did make some square buttons. I just divided the paper in 24 equal squares and rounded the edges a bit.




Here are the pictures of what came out of 3 days of drawing, cutting, shrinking:
Around 50 buttons of various shapes and drawings.....


Some of my favorite drawn characters!

The template at original size and the buttons after baking.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.